On Friday, July 4th, join Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance in celebrating our nation’s Independence Day. Whether you volunteer at the event, march in the parade or just enjoy the festivities, celebrate national pride in our beautiful hometown in the Valley.
- 4pm – 9:30pm: numerous food and craft vendors on Court Square
- 5:00pm – The Harrisonburg Auto Mall Parade
- After the parade: pie eating contest, and concerts from Trent Wagler and the Steel Wheels and Souled Out Band.
- After Dark: Head to Court Square at dark to watch the fireworks display and end your evening with a bang!
- a downtown window decoration contest,
- a reading of the Declaration of Independence on the Court House steps (12noon),
- First Fridays Art Walk (1-4pm),
- musical performances,
- face painting,
- a dunking booth,
- climbing wall,
- walking tours (various start times),
- skateboard demonstrations, and
- activities at the Harrisonburg Children’s Museum.
We are still looking for people to participate in the Valley 4th Parade! If your business, group, club, band, etc. would like to enter, please contact Alexis Morehouse at 540-432-8922 or email@example.com. Any and all entries are welcome.