Looks like we’re in for some perfect Fall weather when Halloween comes downtown this Saturday (if the thunderstorms hold off, that is). Events planned for this Saturday, October 25 include:
Grand Opening of the Turner Pavilion (7-1pm) – The long awaited Farmers’ Market Pavilion opens in the Municipal Parking Lot!
- Ribbon cutting ceremony with free cake at 9am
- Vote for the best scarecrows decorated by market vendors
- Live music from Becky & Sheila, Todd and Rick, Rough But Natural Old Time String Band and The Keezletones
- Pumpkin decorating
Halloween on the Square (10-2pm) – Fun for the whole family with trick-or-treating, pumpkin decorating, hay rides, crafts, face painting, games, and more. Thanks to Hess Orthopaedics, our title sponsor!
- Trick-or-treating in downtown shops from 10-1pm
- The annual costume contest on Court Square at 1pm
- “Shrek 3” for free at Court Square Theater at 2pm
- “The Wonderful World of Bats” photo show and t-shirt decorating at Massanutten Regional Library at 2pm
Howl-O-Ween Dog Costume Contest (2pm) – Dress up Fido and bring him to Court Square for a good time! To the right is a picture of Tim Smith and his dog Punkermelon at last year’s contest. Punkermelon, a Boston Terrier, is dressed as a WWI bomber pilot.
Haunted Harrisonburg Walking Tour (7pm and 9pm) – You’re in for a good time with this one hour walking tour, researched and led by Lisa N. Ha.
- The Bootlegger
- The Civil War soldier
- The Lady in White
For more information on these events, visit HDR’s main site at www.downtownharrisonburg.org