Come celebrate the One Mile Challenge Saturday, October 3 from 1-4pm at the Farmers’ Market lawn downtown! Listen to music, teach your child to ride, eat bike churned ice cream or participate in the bike parade. The purpose of the event is to advocate for a bicycle and pedestrian friendly city.
- music from Trent Wagler and Jay Lapp
- a chance to visit with city council members
- fast lesson to get your kid on 2 wheels
- commuter bike show
- tips on bike maintenance and safety
- bicycle churned ice cream
- a final bike parade – bring your bikes decorated or decorate it at the event
- bike vs. car race with mayor Kai Degner
You can also arrange a group ride with your friends by contacting Travis at email@example.com. More information at Shenandoah Bicycle Coalition’s website.