The 6th annual Halloween on the Square sponsored by Hess Orthopaedics welcomes families downtown for a day of friendly fun this Saturday, October 31 from 10am to 2pm. Wander down Main Street on a crisp autumn day with your little goblins when downtown merchants open their doors to trick-or-treaters and Court Square is filled with fun activities!
Schedule of Events (all events free unless otherwise noted):
10am-1pm: Trick- or- Treating (pick up a map on Court Square or look for orange balloons outside participating stores)
- Music and games by DJ Trish Foley
- Face painting by Scott Whitten and Valarie Smith
- Hay Rides by John Shaver
- Witches Slime and Wizard Tricks
- Merchants of Historic Downtown Harrisonburg window decorating contest
- $3 Pumpkin Painting at Harrisonburg Farmers Market
- Arts and Crafts at OASIS Gallery
- Free Reflectors & Trick-or-Treat Bags from Safe Kids Central Shenandoah Valley Coalition
- Kid’s Edgar Allen Poe crafts, poetry games, and more at the Massanutten Regional Library children’s room (part of the Big Read Finale)
1pm: Kid’s costume contest and mini parade around Court Square
- Digico Dog Costume Contest on Court Square
- Big Read Finale at Massanutten Regional Library – Edgar Allen Poe comes alive starring Scott Craig Jones!
7pm and 9pm: “Haunted Harrisonburg” walking tours by Lisa N. Ha. $10 adults, $5 children 12 and younger. Register by calling 540.432.8935
Contact Kris Ludwig, 540.432.8922 or krisL@harrisonburgva.gov, for more information.