In addition to sharing its annual report, HDR kicked off its 2014 ‘Friends of Downtown’ membership campaign; unveiled its updated brand to the community; and recognized the people, businesses, and organizations that make Downtown Harrisonburg a success story.
At the event, HDR announced the winners of Design Excellence, Volunteer of the Year, and Partner of the Year Awards.
HDR’s Design Committee determines Design Excellence Award winners through careful consideration of those projects that have made a significant contribution to the preservation and beautification of the downtown district. Two categories were identified and winners were selected from a pool of 30 projects:
- Design Excellence for Historic Renovation: Blue Ridge Architects
- Design Excellence Award for Creative Renovation: Bella Luna Wood-Fired Pizza
- Design Excellence Award for Interior Renovation: The Harrisonburg Homes Team at Kline May Realty
- Design Excellence Award – Honorable Mention: Bluetique
- Design Excellence Award – Honorable Mention: Rocktown Bicycles
- Design Excellence Award – Honorable Mention: Walkabout Outfitters
HDR also recognized the collaborative efforts and incredible dedication of its volunteer and partner organizations through the Volunteer of the Year and Partner of the Year Awards:
- Partner of the Year Award: James Madison University
- Volunteers of the Year Award: Kathy Sarver, Tisha McCoy-Ntiamoah, and Jeremiah Jenkins
The event was sponsored by Carter Bank & Trust, First Bank & Trust Company, Pendleton Community Bank, Pioneer Bank, StellarOne Bank , Summit Community Bank, SunTrust, Union First Market Bank, United Bank, Wells Fargo, Clementine, Downtown Wine & Gourmet, and Joshua Wilton House.
For more photos, visit Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance’s Facebook Page.